Last week Sherri had a quick visit to the Dr. office...I chose to stay home with Mark. I'm hoping to get some more ultrasound pictures next week. Thats the current schedule - see the Dr. every two weeks unless something changes. Sherri's starting to slow down considerably I've noticed. Of course she's trying to keep the house somewhat up-to-par but I can tell that its almost impossible. She has lots of pain down around her belly...we assume its from all the stretching thats going on. They say at 20-wks she'll be the same size as she was full-term with Mark. Sherri says the only time she feels comfortable is when she's in the bath!
Of course there's lots of changes here at home right now too. We've begun to set up our family room for her bed-rest. That meant putting a couch in that converts to a bed - and I broke my rule of "no more IKEA!". I don't think that will be the last time I eat my words!! I spent part of the weekend converting our wet bar (which was useless anyways) into a baby-changing station. Try that one for irony! Although the argument could be made that I'll need a strong drink from time-to-time!
Other projects that are scheduled and have me pondering my fate: part of the third bay of the garage will soon be another bedroom. So much for the boat I guess. And the worst one to date- my car is seriously being considered as trade-in bait for a mini-van. Yes I said it. A mini-van. Its inevitable...I will hold out as long as I possibly can...but I know there's no way I can avoid it - I will soon be living in suburbia, driving a mini-van and with my number of offspring - no one will want me to come visit!! It'll be amazing-lets just pray these little turkeys get here healthy.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you have your projects cut out for you, Garth! I'm sure Sherri is thinking of all kinds of things she can keep busy with during bedrest. Still waiting for baby to arrive here, guess due dates don't mean much, do they? Take care of yourselves!
ReplyDeleteYou don't have to get a mini-van. Check out the Mercury Mountaineer. Seats 7 ... you could even have one more kid.
ReplyDeleteHey Miles Family!!
ReplyDeleteI found a stroller that I think you NEED once the little ones arrive. Here is the website. http://adventurebuggycompany.com/
It looks really cool!!!! :)
Hope to see you at meeting!!