Thursday, March 18, 2010

24!

Well this house is rockin and rolling...well maybe not but I am proud to say that our appt at Swedish yesterday went really well and so we're all feeling pretty good around here. I might even get my sense of humor back, which would be nice for my roomates - daddy's been feeling the pressure lately which probably makes me a pain in the butt to be around!!!
I have to admit, I was worried that Sherri would be whisked straight from the ultrasound into L&D yesterday-of course I said nothing but you know...the worst case scenario did present itself regularly (usually about 4:30 in the morning too).
But Sherri is a supermom and all her bed-rest seems to be doing the trick- the babies look awesome, cerv. has actually improved a bit (YES!) and so a big collective sigh of relief could probably be heard all the way to Pikes Market yesterday. All of a sudden, we're thinking 32-34 weeks again instead of "oh-my-goodness-this-is-my-worst-nightmare-1-lb-babies-in-NICU-for-months-and-months-with-50-percent-chance-of-survival..." You know what I mean. None of us want that.
Here's the goods. The next 4 weeks will see the babies grow from about 1 1/2 lbs to about 2.5/3 lbs - this is a huge period for their development which makes it so important - we're pulling all the stops out right now, Sherri's mom has been here all week, my mom is coming next week, etc. Fern said to me yesterday "I just can't believe how much she is eating!" - Sherri's eating constantly, drinking copious amounts of water and really just laying around. But it's working.
Welcome to our roller coaster. Today I feel invincible.

6 comments:

  1. Sherri is rockin this pregnancy... I'm so impressed with her... bedrest is truly working... these next few wks will fly by in the big realm of things.. of course keep me posted... i'm here for u whenever.. that means 24/7 - - i'm not kidding..

    luv Jelaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! We are so happy for you all. Knowing that your bedrest is paying off makes it worth it I am sure. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic news! I am so amazed at how positive Sherri sounds despite all the laying around...to those of you who have not done it: it is not as fun as it sounds. So here's to all three of you for keeping her happy, well-fed and healthy! What an amazing team you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear your news! Keep it up and hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ALL are an awesome team! It is impressive beyond words to be 24 wks. pg with triplets & NOT be in the hospital in bedrest. SO incredibly amazing & a testament of what a compliant patient Sherri is. I wish you all the best! I once heard a neonatoligist tell a preterm patient that every day she kept her baby inside the womb was like sparing the child 3 days in the NICU. Wishing you all the best!!! You're all doing an amazing job! Love, Dayla & family

    ReplyDelete