Friday, January 22, 2010

A little more...

In case its not obvious...I am trying to update the blog only once a week-partly because I don't want to start rambling and partly because there's really not too much to say most of the time. But rules are made to be broken, and in light of my last somewhat brief posting I'm going to add a little this week.
First of all, you should see our family room. Thanks entirely to our very wonderful Cdn friends from Vancouver, Calvin+Dana- and with their help, we managed to transform a terrible family room into something that even I have to approve of! And I admit, I'm usually the brakes on these little projects. Dana even had me hanging wallpaper till 2 in the morning so that alone deserves applause! There's no friends like old friends and we have some good ones. Thanks C&D-it means a lot!

Calvin, Dana, Garth

That project kind of got forgotten in the melee that followed this weeks ultrasound! Of course its obvious that both Sherri and I had assumed there would be at least one little gal in the 3-pack, and so we were stunned and honestly quite disappointed to find out that there would be no little girl in the mix. And hey - what the heck - for the record I still want a girl. Deal with it.
But now that I've had a few days to think about the possibilities of having 4 studly dudes cruizin' with me...I have to admit that I'm getting excited about that scenario too. Seriously now - how much fun will it be to have 4 boys, all within about 3 years - hanging around? All I know is that Sherri has changed the mini-van order into a Hummer order (I hope she's joking), Mark is already starting to hide his toys (he'll need to), and my vasectomy appointment just got cancelled (I'm joking).
One thing for sure- at least the Miles household will not be boring! There goes the neighborhood.

3 comments:

  1. It's so much fun to be able to live vicariously through you guys... but you do set the bar high! ;)

    I'm very curious about what your family room was converted to. Is this a further improvement on Sherri's bedrest environment or is this going to be baby-feeding-clening-sleeping central? I'm sure there is much organizing to do but can't imagine two people better suited to the task.

    Keep up the blogs- we love to tune in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family room has always been Mark's beloved toy room! Little by little we are trying to add a place to sit (the couch) the baby change station (so we don't have to run upstairs every time a baby needs changing) and a crib! (so we have a place to put them down where they won't get run over by a very large toy!) It also always had our computer desk and my craft station set up in it. Garth thinks the stamping gear needs to be packed up but I'm insisting it stays. Sadly our whole house is going to look like a nursery for the first little while... then a jail! lol

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were so glad to get the latest up-date and to hear that you are home, Sherry. We think of you every day, and everyday that things are going well we are so thankful. Dear Sherry, do feel for you, its been a long road, but this too shall pass, will be rejoicing when those little boys are home safe. Love you all. Lillian

    ReplyDelete