From the house, we have a great view of Mt. Rainier, and on evenings like tonight it is spectacular. I couldn't help but snap a picture. Anyone up for a climb?
FYI
How tall is Mount Rainier? The official measurement is 14,410 ft. above sea level.
How many people climb the mountain each year? In 2009, 10,616 people attempted to climb Mount Rainier; 6,438 of them actually reached the summit.
Being a Seattle-ite for the first 18 years of my life, I still retain a huge soft spot in my heart for "my mountain" even after all these years away from the realm of her majesty, and I snag every picture of her that I can. Yours is one of the best yet. Thanks!
And I'm soooo glad that your troops are all home at last! May they stay well and keep thriving.
beautiful picture, Garth. What a view!Diana W
ReplyDeleteMountains! Ah yes, I remember those days and you don't realize that you are starting the climb just yet?!
ReplyDeleteMountains of laundry, Mountains of bottles, Looking around at the view, feeling a bit dizzy and fatigued ....
But like every true mountaineer, ready to do it again! That's the attitude!!
From the cheering Squad.
Name the date, man! Mt. Rainier is one of the many things on my bucket list - let's do it.
ReplyDeleteBeing a Seattle-ite for the first 18 years of my life, I still retain a huge soft spot in my heart for "my mountain" even after all these years away from the realm of her majesty, and I snag every picture of her that I can. Yours is one of the best yet. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm soooo glad that your troops are all home at last! May they stay well and keep thriving.