I was hesitant to give an update on Sherri till we knew more about her situation...and it was pretty scary for a while...
Sherri was really sick on Friday night. She was extremely close to being sent to the ICU herself...she crashed hard and fast friday afternoon. The reality is - we came close to having much bigger problems...and kind of dodged a bullet with our little mama. So her recovery, although going quite well...is not quite what some people think it is and she's still not up for visitors at all.
And of course, there's many who want to see Sherri and the babies, so I have to kind of manage this as best I can. Here's the deal.
We are more than happy to show off the babies, but they are small so I am going to limit the visits to 2 per day for now. If you would like to come see them...please let me know < garthmiles@mac.com > and I will sort something out. Please be patient as there will be lots of time to come visit...and its more important for them to grow right now. They will be here for 6-8 weeks or so before they are cleared to come home.
I can be reached at (253) 880-6447, if I don't answer please leave a message (or text me even better!).
I will let you know when Sherri is up for visitors. Currently she needs to rest.
Don't get me wrong here - we are dying to show off our little guys...and want the whole world to see them...it really kills me to have to limit the party here...but it is best for the little dudes. Thanks for understanding.
-Garth
Thanks for the update, Garth...please give Sherri my love & I hope & pray she continues to recover. That was quite an experience for her. Diana W.
ReplyDeletePlease give our hugs and loves to your little family.. I must admit your post brings back memories when Jace was in NICU in Edmonton.. Its hard for medical personal to grasp how much support /friends etc. that we have... Definately don't forget to take care of MOMMA... and here's hoping those little men grow up big real fast.. (not too fast ).. They look amazing already by the way :)
ReplyDeleteI was so happy to see the proud dad this morning at work. Beaming is the best word to describe him. My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with Sherri and her recovery. I forgot to ask how Mark responded to his little brothers ... Love, Roxy
ReplyDeleteI got pretty nervous about Sherri so I am glad you shared her status with us... Not too terribly long ago women died often in childbirth... so... we are just thankful, thankful thankful that will live now, that she has such great care, and that she has you Garth!
ReplyDeleteWe are very happy to keep cheering you all on from from here... we will hang out with you later... you know... in the summer when we can use your water rights ;-) LOL... as much as we would love to come see you at the hospital... I cannnnnnot even phathom bringing a sickness of any kind up to you all!! yikes!
If anyone gets offended by not being able to come see you guys... well... then... send em my way ;-)and we can have a little chat ;-)
LOVE LOVE and LOVE
A R E K J Z M G ZOSEL
ps... i deleted the previous post because i can't spell ;-)
Good Post Garth!!!! I tell ya an RN being perturbed with u... how do u even stand it?? Seriously though... Sherri freaked the livin daylights out of all of us that do high risk frequently here at Swedish. I'm extremely thankful for the urgency that your docs had in taking those babies at a critical point when Sherri was turning a corner that I never wanted to see her turn - a downward spiral where her life was in jeopardy... the Perinatologists and Anesthesiologists are soooo amazing at Swedish I can't imagine working anywhere else!!! Garth you are an amazing husband and father and I thank you for your amazing support and help getting through the last few days. Sherri - you are the best PATIENT ever... it's sooo rewarding to see someone recovering... the road ahead is long but you are such an amazing strong person that I have every confidence that you can pull through ANYTHING NOW.. the past few days have been challenging but the next wks will be fun seeing you guys everyday as you watch YOUR 3 AMAZING BOYZ GROW AND GROW... thank you for sharing this experience with me... it is one that I will never forget...I am forever bonded to your BOYZ.. love you all... Jelaine...
ReplyDeleteIn total agreement with Renea! I LOVE the picture of Baby Benson and Daddy's hand tonight! There's a lot of love and tenderness in that hand for sure -- for each boy (Mark included!!) and their very special mommy!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Garth, for giving us some perspective on how small Benson is next to your hand. They all look great, and are even showing some pudge!! :) How can you have a little tiny fat roll, when you are only 3 lbs?! Can't wait to see them and have a chat with Mark about playing baseball with his brothers. Sending hugs to everyone. Ron and Brenda
ReplyDeleteAs you're keeping everybody so updated with photos/news, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to wait to see you all - you're fantastic with your blog news. Delighted from afar that all going so well and wondered how Sherri was getting on. All best wishes from the UK to you all, Caroline (Gwen's friend!)
ReplyDeleteSooo glad to read news and especially to know that Sherri is past that scary stage, we all hope she will get better and better each day, gaining strength to be able to take care of the precious little boys and Mark, oh, and of you too, Garth :-)
ReplyDeleteNow you are doing an amazing job being there where she needs you. Send her our love, our thoughts are with you all every day. Glad Sherri is on good hands. Thanks to Jelaine for doing her best! We hope Mark is doing ok too. He might be missing his mama, poor thing.
Thanx for all your updating Garth! A busy dad, hubby and narator.....wow!!! What a Father's Day you deserve. Plz. give Sherri my love and of course save some for you and the boyz!!! Boyz are awesome. You will all make a great team. Lots of support coming to you from north of the border.
ReplyDeleteMelva xo
Are you sure this isn't Anton?! Because Bensen has lots more hair at the front in the pictures you have posted....lol, just checking that you know which is which!!
ReplyDeleteWell Sandee you might be right!!! C'mon do you really expect me to tell them apart already???? Wow, tough crowd!
ReplyDeleteNothing quite like the pressure of parenting with whole world looking on! Anyway, whichever little guy it is, he sure is darn cute! Hope to make it down to see you guys once things have settled down a bit (like in 10 years maybe?!)
ReplyDeletegarth and sherri congrats on the babies. They are the tinist thing that i have seen in a year.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that all of you are doing well! Hugs The Armstrongs
ReplyDelete