So last night, we were sitting around with Mark, Sherri had me hold her belly and I felt the babies kick. First time for me to actually feel them which is pretty neat for me. Up to now, you know they are there, but it just seems a little different when you feel them - like they are trying to talk to you. "Hey- don't forget about me, ok? kick kick". It was a nice reminder of what we're trying to do - as Sherri had had a rough day, and I didn't know what to say/do to make her feel better.
I had woke up in the middle of the night 2 nights ago to find Sherri in the B/R crying, really emotional without really knowing why. We talked and I suppose once in a while it is just all pretty overwhelming to think of carrying and delivering 3 babies at once. Honestly - if it was me I'd be absolutely losing it pretty much on an hourly basis! So I can imagine how she feels. There are times when it seems like the most amazing thing to be going through... other times it just seems like a bad dream. At any event, by last night she seemed much better- I think I may see more of this to come!!
Sherri's pretty much on house arrest now - only going out for really important reasons, and that probably contributes to the stress. But better here than in the hospital thats for sure. And it doesn't help that we've got several projects on the go that disrupt the normal ebb and flow. But its "geturdun" as my brother says...there'll be no time for projects after the 3 turkeys arrive!
Today being Sat, its time to clean house, mow the lawn and spend some time with Mark. Beautiful day here, so maybe we'll go down to the lake for a while.
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hang in there, guys... I can't imagine how hard it must be to face an experience like this when no one else really understands what you are going through. You have an amazing relationship and can lean on one another when things become overwhelming. We are thinking of you both more than you know...
ReplyDeleteH&K
Our dear friends, we are thinking of you a lot too and wish we could do more to help you. We love to read anything you post on the blog, so thank you for doing it.
ReplyDeleteWishing you good luck with the new bedroom, we are glad things turned out well.